Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Nesting is Real!!!

If you look at the time of this post you will notice it is in the middle of the night! They talk about the "nesting" instinct that all mammals supposedly get when preparing for their offspring to arrive. I am no exception to the rule! I fell asleep for a little while after dinner, decided to get up and watch a movie since I couldn't go back to sleep and yet I was still tired. After the movie was done, I realized I had energy to clean the kitchen. I didn't want to do it in the morning. I wanted to be able to wake up to no dishes and clean counters and an organized house. As I was in the middle of the kitchen, (by the way it was 10:30pm at this point) Bryan wakes up and comes to see what I'm doing. I continue my stuff and he begins to clean up stuff too! Before you know it, I'm sweeping all the floors, cleaning baby stuff, cleaning our bedroom, going through the closet and getting rid of things we never wear and don't want anymore. Bryan fixed the washing machine that broke last week...which was quite a job I might add. He also organized the desk and got rid of his school papers he no longer needs, helped me with the baby stuff, got stuff together to take to the trash and recycle bins tomorrow morning....and the list goes on! It feels great! Then...I soaked my feet because of course, they serisouly look like sausages after being on them most of the day and now night!

Anyway, it feels great to be organized and clean. Cleanliness really is next to Godliness! Now I just need to get myself to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment